Last Updated on December 30, 2021
Every woman in the world understands the hustle they go through to straighten out their hair. We all have different and unique hair and that uniqueness makes each of us have a unique experience.
When we wash our hair, we want to straighten it out to look neat and presentable. Sometimes we have to go to the salon where we find large queues of people waiting to be attended.
Instead of waiting for this long, why not buy the best cheap flat iron that you can comfortably use after a bath and get even better results?
Flat irons consume very little power. This way, you will be sure to save energy at home. However, home flat irons can be very expensive at times.
This review guide gives you a unique quality of budget flat irons that will ensure your hair is well straightened or curled. Although they are reasonable, their quality is high and very durable, ensuring you don’t go buying now and then.
- Best Cheap Flat Irons Comparison Chart
- Top 8 Cheap Flat Irons Review
- HSI Professional Glider Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron
- KIPOZI Professional Titanium Flat Iron
- INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron
- xtava Professional Infrared Hair Straightener
- BaBylissPRO Porcelain Ceramic Straightening Iron
- NITION Professional Salon Hair Straightener
- FURIDEN Hair Straightener and Curler Ceramic Flat Iron
- RUSK Engineering Heat Freak Professional Straight Iron
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Considerations Before Buying The Best Affordable Flat Iron
- Are The Best Cheap Hair Straighteners Good?
- How To Straighten Hair Correctly With Flat Iron?
- Final Verdict
Best Cheap Flat Irons Comparison Chart
Top 8 Cheap Flat Irons Review
With ceramic plating, HSI is dedicated to giving you a quality straightener to leave your hair smooth and beautifully shiny. With this flat iron, you can rest assured that all your hair needs are taken care of no matter what type of hair you have.
- Designed with tourmaline ceramic plates for durability and also to ensure that you get shiny, silky hair.
- Has 8 micro-sensors with heat balance technology to distribute heat and regulate the temperature evenly.
- With a temperature control of 140°F up to 450°F, you can choose one that suits your hair.
- Comes with a heat resistant glove, Argan hair treatment and a silk case for easy transportation.
The Kipozi has made the best invention of the flat iron hair straightener with a titanium plating that ensures tighter pressing. With this, you can easily curl, straighten or flip your hair, whether short or long, kinky or fluffy. It will always work for all hair types.
- Has an 8 feet cord with 360° cord swivel to ensure it doesn’t tangle or get damaged.
- With a default auto world voltage, you can use it anywhere in the world.
- Adjustable temperature ranges from 170°F to 450°F to choose according to your hair type.
- They are made of special titanium floating plates for long-lasting results on your hair.
Have you ever burnt your fingers while straightening your hair? Well, worry no more. With Infinitipro’s extra-long make, you don’t have to have a glove on as your fingers will not be close to the heat plate.
The flat iron has 38 heat settings to make sure the heat is not damaging for your hands and hair.
- Has a tourmaline ceramic heating technology that ensures that heat is evenly distributed.
- With a 15-second heat-up, it ensures you start well with a hot iron.
- Has an auto-off function in case you forget to shut it down when you are in a hurry.
- It is 1 inch long to ensure you have enough space to hold it while straightening your hair.
In the humid weather, many women especially the ones with curly or kinky hair prefer just to have it natural because no matter what they do, it will just shrink back to its natural look.
With this flat iron, this is not bound to happen and you can go out in confidence as it locks in moisture and draws oil from the hair shaft to the surface making your hair look perfect even in the humid weather.
- Has a 60-minute auto shutdown in case you forget to switch it off.
- With 2-inch floating plates, it will cover large volumes of hair at once to ensure faster straightening out.
- The 360° swivel cord ensures you can iron back and front without tangling the cord.
- Has an 8-inch long cord to ensure it reaches your head perfectly from the power source.
Sometimes after straightening out your hair, you feel like the roots are still kinky and hard to comp. This is because some flat irons don’t have the art of distributing heat evenly. This flat iron has long plates that reach from one end to the other, leaving your hair smooth and soft.
- Has a rheostat temperature dial that helps you increase the temperature as you straighten your hair.
- With an 8 feet swivel cord, you will be able to straighten at the back of your head easily.
- Are made of porcelain ceramic technology that generates infrared heat which is less damaging to your hair.
- Has longer plates that straighten volumes at once.
How many times have you hit the reduce heat button or the + button unknowingly when straightening your hair? Definitely, this ends really badly with uneven curls or not so straight hair.
With Nition hair straightener, you can easily avoid this as instead of buttons, you have a rotated end which can only be rotated when you are not straightening.
- Comes with a heat resistant glove to ensure your hands are not burnt out by the heat.
- Has a user manual that guides through using it perfectly without burning or weakening your hair.
- Has a 9-foot long cord with a 360° swivel for easy salon use.
- The flat iron has a hanging hook and Velcro straps that ensure your straightener is well closed and hanged neatly.
For over 10 years, Furiden has advanced their hair flat iron to ensure that they are giving you the best technology available in the market. Every set of Furiden hair curler to fit any type no matter how hard or soft. With its unique tail rotary lock, it ensures your space is neat.
- Automatically shuts down after 60 minutes to control power usage.
- Has a tail rotary lock that turns clockwise and anticlockwise to ensure neat storage after use.
- With a hollow cooling design, this flat iron does not heat up on the surface easily giving you ample time to curl up your hair.
- Purchase with a 6-month worry-free warranty.
Many are times we buy flat irons that are practically very complicated and hard to use. Some are too hard and they end up burning our hair. Rusk has engineered the best inexpensive flat iron that ensures your hair is smooth and silky and ready for a confident day.
- They are made of Ceramic and tourmaline technology to ensure your hair smooth and shiny.
- Has a side rheostat that helps you set up temperatures of up to 450°F.
- They have a voltage of 110v standard for the US.
- Has a 360° swivel cord that helps you move around smoothly.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard voltage for this hair straightener? Does the voltage match the dual
Different brands of hair straighteners come with different voltage capacities. Some have dual voltage capacity and can be used worldwide. A good example is FURIDEN 2 IN 1 HAIR CURLER CERAMIC FLAT IRON.
On the other hand, some come embossed with a single voltage capacity like the RUSK ENGINEERING HEAT FREAK PROFESIONAL CERAMIC AND TOURMALINE FLAT IRON and can be used in areas where the voltage capacity is compatible.
Does the hair straightener have a warranty?
Most hair straighteners come with warranties to protect your purchase in the case where the unit arrives defective or stops functioning after a while. What differs is the warranty period. Some come with a 6 to 12 months warranty and some can go up to 24 months.
Does this flat iron work on curly hair?
Absolutely yes. All hair straighteners would perfectly work on curly hair. The one thing you should consider is a hair straightener with multiple heat settings. With this, you will be able to calibrate the amount of heat in the hair for the straightening process.
How long is flat iron? Are the plates adjustable? And what are their lengths?
Hair straighteners measure a standard length of about 45 cm. When we talk of the plate, there are no adjustable plates. However, we have interchangeable plates.
To elaborate further, you have to detach the head of a hair straightener that features a specific plate size and replace it with another.
When it comes to the place sizes, we have the ½ inch to 1-inch plate sizes suitable for individuals with short hair and the 1 inch to 2-inch plate sizes for individuals with long hair.
Does this work on all hair types?
Absolutely yes. Most hair straighteners work on all hair types. The only thing that you should consider is the temperature. If you have fine, thin and delicate hair you will definitely need a unit with a low temperature.
If you have thick coarse hair, vice versa applies. However, to be on the safe side, you can always opt for a unit with multiple heat settings. This way, you get a variety of heat settings that can be applied to different hair types.
Considerations Before Buying The Best Affordable Flat Iron
When you are purchasing, a lot of things matter. Buying an affordable flat iron requires you to put the following into consideration:
An affordable flat iron should be of high quality. This is because a low-quality flat iron will lead you to have your hair damaged and your hands burnt. Low-quality flat irons don’t last very long as they will end up either short-circuited or stop working in a short time.
If you are going to buy an affordable flat iron, make sure that you can use it whenever you go. This is advisable because different countries have different voltage levels and buying one that does not match the dual worldwide voltage of 110v-240v is not worthy of spending money on (Here is a list of top 8 dual voltage flat irons).
The reason behind this is either you will end up burning not just the flat iron but also the socket or in the worst-case scenario your house too.
An affordable flat iron is one that can be used on any type of hair. If your hair is fluffy, kinky, blonde, thin, or curly, an affordable flat iron should be able to handle it all without pulling it or burning it out. In this case,
it should give you quality service from the roots to the surface. At the same time, you should be able to feel soft, silky hair that is shiny instead of dry.
As you purchase your quality flat iron, ensure that besides being affordable it can adjust temperatures from low to high comfortably without causing any damage. Also, ensure that it heats up quickly when switched on to save time for when you are in a hurry.
Some flat irons have different temperature settings, from 3,6 to 10 so that the heat is adjustable enough to keep your hair straight or curly no matter how hard it is. Also, some flat irons have buttons that you are likely to press while pressing down your hair.
To avoid these kinds of scenarios, buy a flat iron with well-customized power buttons that are not easily reached as you press down your hair or do not move around to burn your hair or give your rugged and burnt curls.
Many people see a warranty as an escape plan in case the product is not as advertised. A warranty, in other words, ensures the quality of the product. A manufacturer will not make a bad flat iron and give it a warranty to keep receiving them for refunds.
The best budget flat iron, therefore, will give you a warranty of several months to ensure that you use it for a few days or months until you are happy with it.
Are The Best Cheap Hair Straighteners Good?
This totally depends on the make and model of each flat iron hair straightener. Some are very good, like Nition. They are good and easy to use wherever you are. They are made to last you long and make your hair smooth and shiny in the process.
In order to make sure that the good cheap flat iron you are purchasing is good for you, ensure that it meets all the features indicated. If it can deliver the best results, then you will have landed one quality and cheap that iron.
Also, to ensure the quality of the hair straightener, check every review and question posted under it to ensure that you are not buying something fake or out of standard. You can also contact the manufacturer for credibility.
While some cheap ones are also bad, you can tell by the features they possess. If they have undesired features, you can rest assured to get bad results.
How To Straighten Hair Correctly With Flat Iron?
If you want to get your hair perfectly straightened or curly, there are a few steps that you should follow:
- Once you have washed your hair make sure that it’s perfectly dry leaving no amount of water. This will ensure that you don’t destroy your iron or cause damage to yourself.
- If your hair is not washed or is very dry, sorry some argan oil or some apart oil to keep your hair well moisturized.
- Then decide your hair into portions. These portions ensure that you tackle each part carefully and not skip on sore parts.
- Carefully, untangle one portion and from the root, hold the hair between the flat iron and press outwards carefully and slowly.
- Repeat this process for every portion until you have the desired result.
- For those who want curly hair, repeat the process and instead of straightening it out, carefully roll the hair on one flap of the flat iron and then press for a few seconds or minutes depending on your hair type and release. Repeat the process on your whole head.
With the knowledge of every feature and every single benefit you acquire from the flat iron of your choice, you should be able to get 100% of what is indicated.
Most of the above flat irons will give you everything and more of what you asked for.
For example, with The NITION Professional flat iron with 5 technologies infused into 1, you can rest assured that you will end up feeling and looking like a princess, but HSI Professional Glider is my top recommendation at affordable prices.
The most crucial part to consider when buying a hair straightener is if it gets too hot to handle or damage your hair.
With this in mind, you will find that these best cheap flat irons can either deliver or not. And if they don’t deliver, do they have a way of protecting your delicate hands from burning?
So, as a woman considering each of these cheap flat irons, make sure they are ready to enhance the shine, beauty and softness of your hair.
Also, ensure that they can do multiple tasks not just straightening them out. This way you will have the best but cheap hair straightening iron.