As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Learn More
There are different kinds of hair dryers, and all come in different sizes and shapes. However, the blowing technology makes them different, and when it comes to cold air hair dryers, they are unique in themselves.
These hair dryers are designed for ease of use even when moving and can finish drying your hair in half the time.
Their unique technology makes them special in how they can function, and you will find the experience of using cold air hair dryers quite enjoyable. Let us review some of the best cold air hair dryers available in the market.
Our Top Picks
|Best Ergonomic: ghd Air 1600w Professional Hair Dryer||Price on Amazon|
|Best For Thick Hair: BaBylissPRO Ceramix Xtreme Hair Dryer||Price on Amazon|
|Best For Curly Hair: Spriak Professional Hair Blow Dryer||Price on Amazon|
|Best Compact: Cocoda 1875W Powerful Revair Blow Dryer||Price on Amazon|
|Best For Wavy Hair: SHRATE Salon Negative Ions Blow Dryer||Price on Amazon|
|Best For Frizzy Hair: Roykoo 1875W Professional Blow Dryer||Price on Amazon|
Top 6 Cold Air Hair Dryers Of 2023
1. Best Ergonomic: ghd Air 1600w Professional Hair Dryer
This is a unique hair dryer with a powerful blow dryer motor and advanced ionic technology to ensure exceptionally fast styling and drying.
At 1600W, the professional strength of the dryer and ionic technology will ensure that you have a perfect, silky finish and, at the same time, reduce frizz. Advanced ionic technology means that this hairdryer can create a salon finish in half the time.
- Ergonomic design to ensure that the user always has maximum control when using the hairdryer.
- Fast and effective with faster drying results.
- Low sound while the dryer is in operation to ensure effective work in silent environments.
- Authentic program with a hologram code for easier registration with the manufacturer.
- Easily accessible cold shot button to ensure that you can easily set your blowout.
2. Best For Thick Hair: BaBylissPRO Ceramix Xtreme Hair Dryer
The selection of technology that has been used in the design and manufacture of this hair care product is simply fantastic. The 2000 Watt blow dryer is very lightweight and ensures superb performance no matter what scenario you are using it in.
No matter what you intend to achieve with your hair, this is the hairdryer that will ensure that you can achieve it all. The use of negative ions ensures that static electricity is removed from your hair to leave it healthy and looking shiny.
- The use of ceramic technology provides you with an even distribution of heat which is important for achieving the correct results when drying your hair.
- Ideal for all types of hair, including coarse and thick hair. It is powerful enough to leave you with shiny hair.
- Cold shot button for your blowouts.
- A concentrator nozzle for ease of use and effective hair drying.
- Removable filter.
- Four temperature settings.
3. Best For Curly Hair: Spriak Professional Hair Blow Dryer
There have been quite some useful improvements and upgrades made to this hairdryer. The most outstanding is an upgraded motor with faster rotating speeds and a more powerful AC motor. This ensures that you get the kind of wind force that will get your hair dry in less time.
The hair dryer comes with two speeds and three heat settings to ensure that you can easily switch between hot and cold air.
For a more effective locking in moisture, the hair dryer features negative ion technology, which releases millions of negative ions to ensure that your hair is left smooth and less frizzy. It is also effective protection from heat and tightens the hair scale.
- One diffuser and two nozzles to ensure that drying needs for all kinds of hairstyles are met.
- A constant temperature control prevents your hair from getting damaged and provides the best care for your hair.
- Portable and lightweight for ease of use even when traveling.
4. Best Compact: Cocoda 1875W Powerful Revair Blow Dryer
The hairdryer features a unique kind of anion technology that has intelligent temperature protection in addition to the release of negative ions.
As such, it can keep your hair shinier, moister, and silky smooth at the same time. Your hair will never appear dull when you use this hairdryer, and the in-built noise reduction system ensures that you have the best experience with the dryer.
With this blow dryer, you can achieve dry, short hair in about 2-3 minutes, medium-length hair in 4-5 minutes, and long hair only 6-8 minutes to style.
- A lightweight and compact design for ease of use.
- Folding handle for easier storage.
- 360 degrees concentrator nozzle lets you style your hair from any angle.
- 2-speed settings for greater flexibility while styling your hair.
- Cold shot button to enable you to blow cold air, which locks in your preferred hairstyle for a long-lasting effect.
Related: 5 Best Panasonic Hair Dryers – 2023
5. Best For Wavy Hair: SHRATE Salon Negative Ions Blow Dryer
Avoiding hurting your hair is one of the most important aspects of hairstyling. This blow dryer features a strong airflow that lets you dry your hair fast.
It is fast and quiet with a motor running on 1800W AC power. The dryer also features high-quality blades that will provide you with a stable and fast flow of air. The blades are also dust-free to ensure efficient operations.
A negative ion technology reduces moisture loss by locking it in and leaving your hair looking shiny and attractive. The ions also reduce frizz when drying your hair, leaving you with the charm and confidence you need for your day.
- Overheating protection.
- Low noise operations.
- Lightweight and compact design.
- Long power cord for flexibility during operations.
- Automatic shutdown feature for safer use.
- 3 nozzles which feature three different wind speeds.
- cold shot switch for using cold air to lock in your style and preserve it for longer.
6. Best For Frizzy Hair: Roykoo 1875W Professional Blow Dryer
The 1800 Watt hair dryer has a superwind force that lets you dry out your hair faster without any losses.
A negative ion technology makes it easier to enhance shine in the hair and reduce frizz. A dryness experience and healthy hair care are also possible with a constant temperature function.
The use of negative ion technology locks in the moisture in hair and enhances the shiny appearance. U-heating technology ensures that heat is evenly distributed when using the blow dryer.
- Lightweight and foldable for easy handling, carrying around, and storage.
- Smart temperature control with a cold switch which is interchangeable with just a tap.
- Overheat protection included.
- Connected air nozzles for greater control and efficiency when styling your hair.
- A safety upgrade has been included for easier and safer use around the family.
- An ergonomic design for comfortable handling and low noise for the best user experience.
How Works a Cold Air Hair Dryer
The use of a cold air hairdryer is meant to keep the moisture in your hair locked in. With this in place, you will maintain the style you have made on your hair for much longer. This is important for an all-day appearance that will stay stylish and smooth all day long.
The use of cold air is also much more comfortable for your hair and can work with all kinds of hair. It has unique functionality to ensure that your hair care experience is a lot easier.
Switching between cold and hot settings makes the hair dryer one of the most convenient dryers used on all kinds of hair. It is also much faster and shortens the time taken styling all kinds of hair.
How To Pick The Right Cold Air Hair Dryer?
Whenever you use cold air on the best hair dryer, you will achieve greater flexibility when it comes to your styles. No matter how complicated it appears, the styling that you choose will still stand out strong even after several hours.
This is due to the use of a cold air shot at the end of the styling to preserve the final appearance of your hair and ensure that the style you have chosen is preserved for much longer.
The use of cold air is also much more comfortable than hot air, even though it still achieves the same kind of styling results on all types of hair.
Your hairdryer will also feel a lot more silent when using cold air, and you will get an easier experience when you switch to cold air. Even though cold air is not as popular as hot air, combining it with negative ion technology ensures that your hair does not lose its shine.
This is quite important as the less frizzy your hair appears, the shinier it becomes. As such, any style you have applied to your hair will appear shiny and stay in shape for much longer when you use cold air.
Frequently Asked Questions
What functionality does a foldable hair dryer provide?
A foldable hair dryer is easy to store and saves huge space whenever it is not in use. When traveling, you can easily carry it with the rest of your luggage.
Is the hair dryer noisy while it is in use?
A cold air hair dryer is designed to be less noisy even when it is in use. As such, using it in your home will be comfortable, and you will not be making anyone uneasy with a lot of noise.
Can I use it for straight hair?
The hair dryer features a straightening nozzle that you can use to make your hair straight.
Shiny hair that is beautifully styled can be hard to keep on for long. The use of cold air has been designed to get around this challenge.
The moisture is locked in with cold air, and your style is kept on for much longer. With the cold air hair dryers reviewed above, you will be sure to find one that is an ideal match for your individual needs and requirements.
Haircare and styling no longer have to be challenging when you have a cold air dryer to maintain that shiny appearance. Negative ion technology and cold air also work perfectly to ensure that you can achieve the best kind of results when styling your hair.
About Author (Edna K. Martin)
Edna K. Martin is an expert in skincare and hair care. With years of experience in the beauty industry, she has developed a deep understanding of the science behind healthy skin and hair; has a wealth of knowledge about the latest products and techniques. She is a certified skin care coach and has helped many people achieve a clearer and healthier complexion. As a hairstylist, View Profile ››