Last Updated on October 11, 2021
With growing trends and fashion in our world today, it has become difficult to find one’s niche. We get lost in everything that’s happening, making it hard to express our wants and feelings.
I love art, and I am privileged to express it with my hair. With bleaching agents, I express myself with different, bold, and fun hair colors and textures.
Even so, finding the best hair bleach is not easy.
There is a lot to consider from the function ability of the features that these hair products have.
I’m going to save you the unnecessary trial and error of testing different bleach hair products’ functionalities.
Highlighted below are different types found in the market that I have handpicked and explained for you.
I hope the information provided herein will be of great benefit to you.
- Best Hair Bleaches Comparison Chart
- Top 10 Hair Bleaches Review
- WellaBlondor Multi Blonde Powder Lightener
- L’Oréal Quick Blue Powder Bleach
- Manic Panic Flash Lightning Hair Bleach Kit
- Schwarzkopf Professional Blond Me Premium
- Clairol Bw2 Powder Lightener, 8 Ounce
- Joico Vero k-Pak creme lightener
- JolenCreme Bleach Lightener Sensitive Formula Plus 1.2 oz
- Manic Panic Flash Lightning Bleach Kit
- Schwarzkopf IgoraVario Blond Plus
- Quick Blue High-Performance Powder Lightener
- Best Hair Bleaches Buying Guide
- FAQs & Answers
- At The End Of The Day
Best Hair Bleaches Comparison Chart
|Wella Blondor Multi Blonde Powder||Up to 7 levels||Dust free||28.2 Ounces|
|L'Oreal Quick Blue Powder||Up To 7 Levels||Dust-Free||16 Ounces|
|Manic Panic Flash Lightning Hair Bleach||Up To 7 Levels||Dust-Free||8 Ounces|
|Schwarzkopf Professional Blond||9 levels||Anti-yellow||15.8 Ounces|
|Clairol BW2 Powder Lightener||Dark to blonde||Reduce dust||8 Ounces|
|Joico Vero K-Pak Creme||Up To 8 Levels||Fragrance-Free||10.5 Ounces|
|Jolen Creme Bleach||Lifts dark||Sensitive skin||1.2 Ounces|
|VManic Panic Flash Lightning Bleach||Up To 5 Levels||Dust-Free||4 Ounces|
|Schwarzkopf Igora Vario Blond||Up To 7 Levels||Dust-Free||15.9 Ounces|
|Quick Blue High Performance Powder||Up To 7 Levels||Dust-Free||1.58 ounces|
Top 10 Hair Bleaches Review
With experience of up to 135 years in the market, feel confident to use the WellaBlondor Multi Blonde Powder Lightener on your hair for hair bleach.
It has been incorporated with anti-yellowing brass molecules that tremendously protect our hair from damage. Additionally, it can achieve seven levels of beautiful hair color to complement different skin tones.
- It is easy to use.
- It emits an exotic scent leaving your hair smelling wonderful.
- It creates hair volume.
- Works with all hair types.
- It is a dust-free lightener.
- It takes longer to set in.
Manufactured with a rich and creamy luster, achieve a beautiful platinum blonde with the L’Oréal Quick Blue Powder Bleach. This bleach formula is gentle on the scalp making it the safest way to bleach your hair as it causes no scalp burns.
From beautiful highlights to a complete platinum blonde, you have the quality hair bleach at your disposal.
- It is an extra-strength lightening action.
- It has up to seven levels of color.
- It is a non-drip concentrated formula.
- It is very easy to use.
- It comes with clear instructions on how to use it in order to achieve desired results.
- It causes hair dryness.
Most naturalists have been disadvantaged when it comes to a hair bleaching product. This is the problem that Manic Panic Lightning Hair Bleach Kit has come to solve. Featuring vegan ingredients, this bleach product is gentle on your scalp and reduces the level of hair damage.
Whether you have medium brown, dark brown, or black natural hair, this hair bleach product will give your hair a porous feel volume and lighten your hair to up to seven levels of hair pigment.
- It is user friendly.
- It comes with dust-free bleach powder.
- It is PETA accredited.
- It takes a short time to set in.
- It is a 40 volume cream developer.
- It takes a long time to process.
t’s a powder lightener that can lift both natural and colored hairs up to 9 levels. It offers perfect neutralization.
Its mixing ratio (between 1:1.5 and 1:2.5) suggests that it’ll be possible to mix them to the consistency that works best for you. It directly targets the hair pigment that causes warm yellow undertones, perfecting hair color neutralization.
- Up to 9 levels of lift.
- Helps to protect the hair fiber during development for minimized hair breakage.
- Anti-yellow agents to neutralize any warm undertones.
- Flexible mixing ratio guidelines.
- Easily workable consistency.
- Not recommended to those with sensitive skin.
This is the best hair bleach in the market that can help you achieve the highlighted look you desire for your hair. I contain an extra-fast lightening and extra-moist formula that creates lustrous highlights and special effects.
This hair bleach powder works quickly, easily, and beautifully and can be for home use or by a professional colorist. De-dusted, denser powder minimizes fluff & fly-away making its applications neater and cleaner.
- Generates lustrous highlights and also special effects.
- After forming a rich, creamy consistency, it is easily maintained.
- De-dusted to minimize powder fly-away.
- Extra-fast lightening formula.
- Contains a moisture-sealing humectant.
- It takes a period of time to uniformly mix the powder and hydrogen peroxide and attain the desired creamy texture.
Joico Vero k-Pak creme lightener gives your hair up to eight levels of lift without risking dryness and dullness. IT infuses both nutrients and conditioners into dry and dull hair highlighting it.
Your hair is left with a soft feeling and shiny after you wash out the lightener. Shea butter, rich in vitamins that the hair needs are a key ingredient that provides fatty acids for maintaining health and look at the hair.
In order to give a consistent application along with hair shafts, this product also features mineral oils that allow it to glide along and evenly cover the area you want to be lightened.
- It protects your hair from further damage.
- It takes a short time to set in.
- It also Hydrated, nourished hair is less likely to break while styling.
- It makes your hair to stay moist, allowing you to lift hair with flexible viscosity safely.
- It helps prevent future breakages and split ends.
- It’s a little more expensive but it’s great.
It is made for sensitive skin, especially for the face, eyebrows, and body. Our Cream Bleach is easy, gentle and includes a no-mess mixing cup.
Furthermore, it’s the simplest and safest way to lighten unwanted hair so that it blends beautifully with your natural skin tone, making it virtually invisible! It achieves perfection by matching your eyebrow to your hair.
- Fast and effective every time.
- Easy to use.
- No drip application.
- Gentler for sensitive skin because it contains Aloe Vera so.
- For all hair types and colors.
- It cannot be used if you suffer from any medical condition that may be affected by compromised skin.
Before the application of the Manic Panic semi-permanent hair colors, it is advisable to use Manic Panic Flash Lightning Bleach Kit.
The kit contains; dust-free bleach powder, cream developer, mixing tub, tint brush, plastic cap, protective gloves and instructions on how to use the bleach. This package has everything you need for easy use.
- Easy to use.
- Not broken or damaged.
- Makes my hair blonde without brassiness.
- It is not expensive.
- Bleach powder and the developer contains ingredients which may cause skin irritation.
The NEW IGORA Vario Blond holistic lightening offers up to 8 levels of lift. It contains Schwarzkopf’s fiber bond technology which reduces hair breakage during lightening and is also dust-free.
It has two choices; plus (blue) and Super Plus (white) powder and it also contains a light perfume giving it a reduced bleach smell. Its lightening control is perfect and is suitable for all techniques.
This bleach contains extra conditioning and a reliable anti-yellow effect; furthermore, its crème consistency ensures safe and easy application.
- It’s secure & easy to use.
- Maximum neutralization performance thanks to cool pigments.
- Contains wheat Starch to ensure hair conditioning during bleaching.
- It’s dust-free bleach powder with up to 7 levels of lift and caring Wheat Starch.
- Its tenderness makes it safe and even to apply.
- Consistent use may cause bristle and hair damage.
It’s a new dust-free formula that provides brighter and superior lightening results faster. It’s smoother with a non-drip consistency. This delivers a more precise, controlled application and maximum effect on & off the scalp.
Furthermore, it has a new foil, tear-resistant packet and dust-free formula. This protects the stylist and client from any impact. It lifts to seven levels. An application in the hair will achieve various effects, from the very subtle highlights to the global uttermost platinum.
- Delivers faster and a brighter superior lightening powder.
- Lifts up to 7 levels.
- Dust-free, non-drip concentrated formula.
- Easy on-scalp or off-scalp application.
- Stays moist and creamy.
- Once it dries, it stops lightening.
Best Hair Bleaches Buying Guide
Bleaching of hair can be summarized as both an art and science. As an art, we express our feelings or pass a message with beautifully rich, and fun colors on our crowns. Additionally, his form of art is not limited to the female gender. A lot of men are using this platform too.
To achieve desired results, it is important to follow the step-by-step guidelines on your bleaching powder product. When mixing the product with hydrogen peroxide or a developer, always use a plastic tub instead of a metal one.
A metal tub will support the process of oxidation making the bleaching cream start processing before it’s applied to the hair surface. These are products that are highly concentrated in chemical compositions.
One is required to always put on an enclosed glove in order to avoid skin irritation hence burn. The same also applies to our scalp. Coating it with hair food reduces any form of irritation.
However, manufacturers have tried to take care of the skin irritation problem by incorporating bleaching products with natural oils.
This is evident in the case of JolenCreme Bleach Lightener Sensitive Formula that is rich in protein oils giving the hair extra strength while at the same time reducing damage caused by the bleaching agent.
Things To Consider Before Choosing The Right Hair Bleach
Color of the bleach: If you don’t have color treatments to remove, you’ll need to purchase bleach based on the color you have.
Your hair texture: There are two types: Coarse hair which often takes more processing and finer hair which takes less processing, whether it’s color, relaxing, or heat.
The current health state of your hair: It’s important to know the behavior of your hair before bleaching. If you already have breakage or a lot of splits ends it is advised to treat your hair with natural oils, plant-based products and a deep masque is greatly recommended.
The porosity of your hair: Bleaching makes your hair more porous. If your hair is already fairly porous, choose a better product that befits your hair porosity.
Chemicals used in the bleach product: Some are natural, others artificial made, this can lead to stiff, brittle, or otherwise damaged hair and irritation of skin or eczema.
Things To Note Before You Bleach Your Hair
- Going platinum is not a one-time process. One is required to do the bleaching processing over and over to achieve desirable results. Also, temperature varies, the warmer the temperature the faster the processing process and vice versa.
- The bleaching products can burn hence it is recommended for one to coat the hair scalp with hair food to avoid this. Moreover, the bleaching products come with gloves to protect you from such a related accident. Due to this, one is advised to wash the hair with cold water to reduce the scalp’s level of aggravation.
- Going platinum comes with a lot of hair responsibility. One must do deep, masque hair treatment at least once every two weeks to maintain the hair strand’s strength. If you are suffering from light hair, the bleach swells your hair strands; hence one ends up achieving thick hair.
- Last but not least, hair bleaching brings a tremendous change to one’s curl pattern. This can either go from straight to wavy and vice versa. It normally happens due to structural alteration of the hair strands that swells when lightning takes place. A big bonus is the ease it comes with when maintaining hair. Bleached hair tends to be less oily hence you do not need to wash it frequently.
How Do I Prepare My Hair For Bleaching?
It is important for colorist consultants to get an insight into matters of hair bleaching. With that said and done, it is advised that one should let their hair heal. This is applicable in instances where one previously used chemicals to relax the hair.
Also, it is important to reduce all forms of heat tools as they damage the hair. Bleach works best on dirty and oily hair. One is advised not to wash the hair for at least 3 days to the bleaching d day.
Moreover, make it a daily routine to use natural oils on your hair i.e. avocado, coconut, and argan oils. Being that they are highly concentrated with proteins, they will treat already damaged hair and aid in better absorption and tolerance of the bleaching product.
An alternative for the application of natural oil is the application of the mask. This can be done in two ways. The most natural and healthy way is the blending of natural oils, yogurt, avocado, bananas, and raw eggs to give out a thick creamy paste.
This paste is then applied for half an hour. The other way is the adoption of professional masks and deep conditioners. With this kind of treatment, your hair will fully heal, maintain its strength and withhold enough moisture making it ready for bleaching.
Is Bleaching Powder Better Than Cream?
No. One needs to be careful with bleach powders. A wrong move while using them can easily cause scalp burn. This is not the case with the cream lightener’s.
A majority of manufactures of cream lighteners incorporate nutritive components and essential oils making them gentle on the scalp.
Is A Blue Or A Purple Bleach Better?
The blue bleach beach contains toner that takes care of the common yellowing effect. This cannot be said for the purple bleach. Several consumers have complained of the yellow molecule braises it leaves on one’s hair root.
Is It Safe To Bleach Your Hair At Home?
The safest way to bleach your hair is by using the hair colorist’s help as they have knowledge and experience to bring out desired results. Through this, you will be able to avoid the common orange, green and yellow messes, and scalp burn-related accidents.
However, hair bleaching exercises can effectively be carried at home. For this to happen, one needs to do thorough research on the type of product to use.
It is always advised to acquire a product that will go hand in hand with one’s hair texture. Additionally, one is required to follow step-by-step guidelines to achieve desired results.
How Long Do You Live With Bleach On Dark Hair?
This highly depends on the level of lightness you want to achieve. The longer you leave bleach in the hair, the sheerest blonde color you will achieve. However, bleach processing should not take more than 50 minutes.
This will start causing damage to your scalp and hair. On the other hand, you should understand the sensitivity of your scalp as this can vary when it comes to the timing needed during bleaching.
FAQs & Answers
Is this the only product I need to lighten my hair?
No. You will need a peroxide which is also known as a developer. The peroxide comes in different strengths hence the higher the volume of the peroxide, the lighter the hair.
Do I need to pre-lighten my hair before coloring?
Yes. Pre-lightening the hair is highly recommended. This will play a major role in achieving desirable results.
How do I apply the bleach?
* Wear the enclosed gloves to protect your hands from burns.
* As instructed mix the bleaching product and developer’s contents in a plastic tub to attain a rich cream.
* On dry and unwashed hair, gently apply the cream using a brush while at the same time avoiding direct contact with the scalp.
* Spread the cream evenly, ensuring all hair strands are well saturated.
* Mask your hair and allow it to set in.
* On achieving the desired shade, thoroughly rinse your hair with shampoo and lukewarm water.
* Dry your hair, apply hair food for moisture purposes, and style as desired.
Do I shampoo my hair when removing the bleach?
Yes. When removing the bleach, it is important to shampoo your hair to eliminate the bleach.
How long should I stay with bleach on my hair?
This majorly depends on your hair color and condition. The processing time ranges from 10 to 50 minutes, depending on the hair color you want to achieve. However, one should not pass the 50-minute mark.
What’s the best way to use bleach safely?
If you really want to play it safe, stick with ammonia-free formulas or any at-home bleach that comes with a developer higher than 20 volume.
What is the best hair lightening powder?
For both those who have never colored their hair and those who are coloring and/or bleaching pros, the Wella Professionals Blondor Multi-Blonde Lightening Powder is ideal.
What are the best formulas for bleach?
Seeking out formulas that have conditioning or hydrating ingredients mixed in directly with the bleach is a good way to help minimize the likelihood of hair damage from the get-go.
At The End Of The Day
In conclusion, before acquiring these hair bleach products, I would like to advise potential buyers to seek guidance and expert medical advice regarding the effect that the hair bleaching products may have.
Also, research and analysis will be key in finding out the best hair bleach you are compatible with. Being cautious can always save you time, resources, and even possible injuries incurred when using the wrong products.
With the emergence of online platforms, bleach hair products are easily acquired. However, sellers have become notorious for manufacturing generic and counterfeit bleach hair products. These products use cheap and inferior products.