As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Learn More
The hair business is one of the fast-growing businesses across the globe. There is a steady rise in the percentage of people that keep natural hair. One essential piece of equipment that an individual with natural hair may need is a flat iron. Many types of flat iron are available in the market today with tons of benefits.
Although almost similar, choosing a flat iron that best suits your needs is essential in getting a satisfactory result for your hair. The pencil electric flat iron is one of the commonly chosen kinds of the flat iron. This piece outlines seven of the best pencil flat iron to go for when purchasing for commercial or personal use.
Our Top Picks
|Best For Frizzy Hair: Red by Kiss Pencil Flat Iron||Price on Amazon|
|Best For All Hair Types: H2Pro BDM310 3/10″ Black Diamond Flat Iron||Price on Amazon|
|Best For Thin Hair: Terviiix Small Flat Iron for Short Hair||Price on Amazon|
|Best For Curling Hair: VAVOOV Advanced Ionic Flat Iron for Hair V5||Price on Amazon|
|Best High Heat: Bed Head Pixie 1/2" Straightener||Price on Amazon|
|Best For Wavy Hair: AmoVee Pencil Flat Iron Mini Hair Straightener||Price on Amazon|
|Best Fast Heat: K&K 3/10 inch Small Mini Ceramic Flat Iron||Price on Amazon|
Top 7 Pencil Flat Irons In 2023
1. Best For Frizzy Hair: Red by Kiss Pencil Flat Iron
This Kiss-brand flat iron is made of ceramic material for straight hair. The hair straightener has a 13.4-inch length, a 2.3-inch width, and 5.1 inches height dimension, making it the thinnest and best 3/10-inch flat iron available in the market. It is also available in different colors.
- The flat iron is best for hair moisture preservations and frizz elimination because of the ceramic tourmaline plates that the iron has.
- This hair straightener has its heat evenly distributed to prevent hot spots damage.
- Another plus of the Kiss Red hair straightener is that the swivel cord is tangle-free, enhancing ease in hair styling.
- The flat iron is a time saver as it reaches more than 200 degrees Celsius in just one minute of being turned on.
- This flat iron is the thinnest flat iron in the market, making it suitable for straightening the edges.
- The flat iron does have a temperature control button and heats up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, which is too high for the hair and may burn or cause damage to the hair.
2. Best For All Hair Types: H2Pro BDM310 3/10″ Black Diamond Flat Iron
This H2Pro-brand flat iron is black, has black plates, and works for all hair types. It is made of ceramic material. It has layers of tourmaline plates and ceramic plates and real diamond dust infused.
The iron weighs 3.2 Ounces and has 10 inches in length, 1 inch in width, and 1 inch in height. This type of flat iron is specialized for the treatment of keratin.
- The H2Pro hair straightener has dual voltage making it suitable for use internationally.
- This flat iron is light in hand as it is made of Dupont plastic and weighs 3.2 Ounces.
- It has an adjustable temperature button that ranges between 250 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit for convenience and prevention of hair damage during straightening.
- It also has a tourmaline-coated plate that prevents hair damage through heat regulation.
- The flat iron doesn’t auto shut after some time of dormancy, which may be unsafe and use up a lot of electricity.
- The temperature gauge does not tell the exact temperature the user is on.
3. Best For Thin Hair: Terviiix Small Flat Iron for Short Hair
Terviiix flat iron, much like Mikro and Kiss Red flat irons, is made of ceramic material. As its name suggests, this type of flat iron works well for individuals with short hair.
The iron is new to the market as it was first made available on August 26, 2019. It weighs 8.64 Ounces and has 13.4 by 3.5 by 2.3 inches. It has a variety of colors to choose from and is also small in size.
- The hair straightener has temperature settings varying from 122 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, which helps avoid hair burning.
- The flat iron saves time and electricity as it heats up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit within fifteen seconds.
- It has a dual voltage of 100 to 240 volts hence suitable for travel internationally.
- This fat iron ensures the safety of your home or salon as it has an automatic shut-off setting after non-use for 60 seconds.
- The thin plates coated with ceramic material in this flat iron ensure that heat does not damage the hair.
- The Terviiix small hair straightener has loud beeps, which can be annoying to most of its users.
4. Best For Curling Hair: VAVOOV Advanced Ionic Flat Iron for Hair V5
When looking for the latest model of flat irons, the VAVOOV Pencil hair straightener should top your list. This 0.3-inch flat iron is made of titanium for all hair types. It is a small flat iron.
When looking for the best flat iron for your beard, or short hair, this flat pencil iron is a go-for. The iron dimensions are 12.32 by 2.95 by 1.22 inches and a 9.88-Ounce weight.
It also has a maximum temperature setting of 450 degrees Fahrenheit and is one of the thinnest flat irons available.
- The plates are 0.3 inches apart, making them better for thin hair and straightening beard hair or hair roots, which is not the case for many other flat irons.
- The hair straightener heats fast, a time-saving plus to users.
- It has a 360-degree swivel cord which is 8 feet long and tangle-free hence comfort during styling of the hair.
- It may not be recommended for individuals with long and thick hair because of the super-thin plates of the flat iron.
5. Best High Heat: Bed Head Pixie 1/2″ Straightener
Having short hair could be stressful when looking for the best hair straightener to cover all your hair and not burn it. Bed Head Pixie 1/2″ straightener got your needs covered.
This flat ceramic iron is suitable for short, straight hair. The flat iron is one of the smallest flat irons available, with a three by 5.1 by 14.1 inches.
- This flat iron is one of the lightest available and has dual voltage hence suitable for travel.
- The iron enhances massive shine to hair and reduces frizz due to the technology from tourmaline ceramic.
- Much like many other flat irons, the high heat temperature of the iron is 430 degrees Fahrenheit. It takes only 30 seconds to heat to the high temperature hence a time saver for many users.
- It has ½ inch plate that allows for better hair straightening of the hair roots.
- It also has temperature regulation buttons that allow users to choose suitable temperatures, avoiding burning their hair.
- The paint on the flat iron comes off after some use.
6. Best For Wavy Hair: AmoVee Pencil Flat Iron Mini Hair Straightener
The AmoVee hair straightener is made of titanium available in gold. It is best for curly or wavy hair and uses a PTC module for heating. The iron has a 13-inch length, a 2-inch width, and a 2-inch height.
This flat iron is the choice for most people looking for a relatively light flat iron since it weighs 14.39 Ounces.
It has an adjustable temperature setting ranging from 265 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and an LCD panel to show the temperature as you adjust it.
- This flat iron uses an upgraded heating version that makes it super-fast, saving the user’s waiting time.
- The iron automatically shuts off after dormancy for some time, making it a safe flat iron to use for all its users.
- It has a titanium plate that is gold-coated for the durability of the flat iron.
- The flat iron uses ceramic technology that facilitates hair moisture and reduces frizz through the technology’s negative ions.
• The flat iron doesn’t offer an excellent grip on the hair, which may not provide satisfactory results to users.
7. Best Fast Heat: K&K 3/10 inch Small Mini Ceramic Flat Iron
Finding a chemical-resistant flat iron is daunting but not the case with a few hair straighteners like the K&K3/10-inch plate ceramic flat iron. The flat iron pencil is black and used for all types of hair.
The flat iron weighs 11.68 Ounces and has 8.26 by 0.6 by 1.4 inches dimensional specifications. It has an LED display for temperature control.
- This flat iron is portable and suitable for travel because of its 100 to 240 voltages.
- It also has an LED display that guarantees temperature control to find the right temperature to use easily.
- The K&K 3/10-inch plate ceramic flat iron heats fast to save time for the user.
- It uses NANO titanium technology, making it suitable for all hair types and black titanium plates to ensure durability.
- The non-stick flat iron is built with plates resistant to chemicals, hence best for keratin treatment.
- The flat iron plates don’t line up perfectly; hence may not grip all your hair when straightening.
- The color of the flat iron comes off if cleaned when the iron is slightly warm.
Related: Karmin G3 Salon Pro Review
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best type of flat iron in the market?
The variety of flat irons in the market contributes to indecisiveness when buying hair straighteners.
Checking for customer reviews if you are making an online purchase or researching the different types of flat irons in the market is vital in knowing your flat iron preference.
What are the best types of flat irons for different hair types?
It is crucial to be sure about this question before buying any hair straightener. Different flat irons work for different hair types.
Ensuring the flat iron you purchase is meant for your hair type will guarantee customer satisfaction.
Getting the right hair equipment, especially hair straightener, can be difficult with the recent increase in flat irons availability.
Most customers are unsure what kind of hair straightener they need. The availability of variety in the market doesn’t make it easy to choose.
Carrying out intense research on the array of flat irons available to pick one that fits your taste will save you the inconvenience of buying an iron that is not satisfactory.
Many stores in the market sell flat irons. It is essential to check through a number of them to ensure you get quality in the product you purchase and at a reasonable price.
About Author (Edna K. Martin)
Edna K. Martin is an expert in skincare and hair care. With years of experience in the beauty industry, she has developed a deep understanding of the science behind healthy skin and hair; has a wealth of knowledge about the latest products and techniques. She is a certified skin care coach and has helped many people achieve a clearer and healthier complexion. As a hairstylist, View Profile ››