Last Updated on April 23, 2022
It’s time to let your curly wavy hair shine. This can be achieved if you try out the best curl activator.
This Curl cream works to prevent frizz, breakable hair, and dryness from happening in the first place.
It also shapes and defines your curls, giving you a bouncier, softer hair that moves naturally. They will allow you to maintain ringlets, beachy waves, and other styles you choose.
Picking a Curl Activator can be tricky, particularly if you are not sure what you are looking for.
To assist you out, we have done some research and come up with the top 10 best Curl Activator in 2021.
Best Curl Activator Comparison Chart
Top 10 Curl Activators Review
We start with this amazing Curl Activator by AG. It is designed to moisturize, maintain, and define curls. Typically, this curls activator features rice amino acids that will improve hair strength and hydrate the hair. In addition to that, it is going to fight frizz and promote curl.
This curl activator has keratin and silk proteins that shine, strengthen, add moisture and elasticity to your hair. Whether it’s kinky texture, classic curls, or waves, curls require special attention.
This product will leave your hair defined and soft and it can be applied to dry hair as a refresher or to wet hair for air-dried styling. Many women love this Curl Activator as it does not leave any stickiness or greasy residue in the hair.
The only thing it will leave on your hair is a light fruity scent. So you need to scrunch a small amount even though the damp clean hair and you will love how it will leave a pleasant scent.
- It moisturizes, shines, and strengthens your curl hair
- infused with rice amino acids and tomato extract to enhance curls
- it Moisturizes the hair and Reduces frizz
- shrinks the hair cuticle and Adds definition
- Softens the hair and does not flake
- Works with all curl types
This is another curl activator that will assist in moisturizing the hair leaving your curls defined and frizz-free. It will give a dramatic control, shape, and definition. Ideally, this smoothening formula is enriched with argan oil that assists in preventing stubborn frizz and flyaways.
What’s more, it is ideal for smoothing and straightening coarse, thick, and normal hair. Users of this Activator Moisturizer report bouncy and shiny curls that never feel weighed down.
Its nourishing ingredients, including protein, will add strength to your curls. It can also be used for introducing moisture and repairing strands.
The lack of bad ingredients in this Curl Activator has huge benefits for the health of your hair. There are no silicones, parabens, or sulfates in this cream. This product is going to seal moisture into the hair and will not make you feel crunchy.
- Prevents frizz and stubborn flyaways
- Gives dramatic definition control and shape
- Enriched with argan oil
- Perfect for smoothing and straightening coarse, thick, and normal hair
- Seals the moisture without making hair feel crunchy
- Bright and will makes you feel energized
If you want your hair to be moisturized and nourished, this is the best curl activator cream for you. Ideally, this styling product will help to define your curls while making them stand out.
In addition to that, it will enhance and smoothen the natural curl pattern and reveal frizz-free volume. You can use this cream every day if you are embracing textured, beautiful, and natural hair.
Another thing, this award-winning product is ideal for textured hair and it is going to achieve any style or look you want. With its coconut oil ingredients, it will add shine, deliver volume and protect your hair.
Using this product is very simple; you need to apply it to damp hair on every section. Then, you can reapply to your dry hair as needed for extra shine and moisture.
- It has Coconut Oil that protects the hair
- It embraces a beautiful, natural, and textured hair
- It adds shine and delivers volume
- Reduce frizz and Activates curls
- None of the ingredients can harm your body or hair
- Works on hair that is coarse and thick
The SGX NYC Curl Crème is one of the most affordable Curl activators you can find on the market. It is going to impart bounce and increase volume to your amazing curls.
This crème is also designed to restore, moisturize, and define your natural and soft curls. It is made using ingredients such as Acetamide MEA, Olive Oil, Glycerin, and DMDM hydantoin that are very beneficial to your hair.
The crème is packed on a 23.4 x 7.6 x 7.6cm bottle which is enough to use even for your long hair. It is a non-staining and non-greasy formula that will assist you in detangling and softening your hair.
This product is going to heal abrasions and soothe the scalp leaving a vibrant sheen. You can use this formula as a moisturizer or curl activator on permed wavy hair, natural curls, and a leave-in conditioner for natural, relaxed, and braided hair.
- Heals abrasions and soothes the scalp leaving a vibrant sheen
- Packed in a container measuring 23.4 x 7.6 x 7.6cmh
- It is a non-staining and non-greasy formula
- Can be used as a moisturizer or curl activator
- Made of ingredients such as olive oil and glycerin
Here is another Curl Activator that will assist in smoothing and defining your curls. It is free from phthalates and Parabens making it safe for your hair.
What’s more, it is enriched with shea butter and Coconut oil that ensures that your hair looks beautiful and shining.
This nourishing cream is weightless and will provide excellent humid resistance and curl retention to wavy and curly hair while adding definition and eliminating frizz. It comes in 7 oz. Bottle and it will provide a lightweight hold.
This product will indulge in the comfy decadence of vanilla, balanced by softwoods and freshened by a floral sweetness.
Moreover, it will envelop your senses and your hair will look silky and well-nourished. It is perfect for anyone who styles hair dry or damp and will assist maintain a curled shape.
- Adding definition and eliminate frizz to your hair
- Free of phthalates and parabens
- Vegan-friendly and has shea butter and coconut oil
- This formula delivers weightless hydration
- Lightweight cream ideal for anyone with dry and damp hair
- Comes in a 7 oz. Bottle
The shine Curl Activator is enriched with a blend of glycerin and Aloe Vera for sheen and softness. Moreover, it has vitamin E to promote healthy hair and restore hair moisture.
This curl-enhancing cream will create any curl style and leave your hair soft all the time. With this cream, you will be getting coconut oil. It’s nourishing and hydrating without leaving behind a film on the hair.
Besides that, it is safe for all hair types as it has no phthalates, parabens, and sulfates. If your curls tend to be wild and frizzy, this activator will help a lot. It will ensure that it leaves it defined and soft.
Many customers love this curl-defining cream as it is lightweight and it does not weigh down your hair. It will make the hair shiny and for the coarse hair, it increases bounce and conditions it.
- Added proteins repair and repairs extra dry hair
- Helps define and smooth curls
- Contains a unique blend of Aloe Vera and glycerin
- There is no phthalates, silicones, or sulfates in this cream
- Create any curl style
This formula from Creme of Nature will provide overall healing of the scalp. It is a creme of nature with a flexible and soft hold for defined curls.
The ingredients in this curl activator work to soften and leave curls moveable and naturally bouncy. Moreover, it flies-aways and tames frizz to make your curls appear as sleek as possible.
The cream comes in a 12 Ounce bottle and it is offered at an affordable price compared to other curl activators out there. This creamy and rich formula will smooth and define your curls while leaving them springy and bouncy.
The product is perfect for Detangling and will instantly revive dry curls. It has Mineral oil ingredients that pump up the shine while adding bounce. This cream works like magic delivering smooth curls with every use.
- Soft and flexible hold for defined curls
- Anti-Frizz and perfect for Detangling
- Defines and smoothen your curls
- Leaves your curls springy and bouncy
- Has greatest ingredients that make hair shiny
The Sofn’Free Curl Activator is ideal for use on coarse and coily hair types. It is moisturizing and does not weigh down hair.
It is a two-styling product where it can be used as a curl moisturizer and curl activator lotion that moisturizes for healthy thicker curls.
In addition to that, it is enriched with glycerin for sheen and softness, panthenol to restore and condition moisture, and Vitamin E to promote healthy hair.
Typically, this curls activator has a fresh botanical fragrance and coconut oil for a great scent. It will leave your hair soft to the touch and keep the body and natural-looking bounce nourished.
Another thing, it enhances and forms waves and curls on thick, thin, fine, permed curls, natural curls, color-treated, biracial hair.
Using this product is very simple; all you need is to pour the crème on your palm, apply it to clean, dry hair and then massage it throughout your hair.
- Works perfectly with all types of hair
- Moisturizes and ensures healthy thicker curls
- Has fresh botanical fragrance and coconut oil for great scent
- Enhances and forms soft curls
- Contains Vitamin E that assist in promoting healthy hair
- Has panthenol to restore moisture and condition
Featuring a perfect blend of curl-friendly ingredients, this Curl Activator by SoftSheen is great for styling thick curls. It assists in controlling and smooth curls, adding definition and shine to create luscious locks.
It is perfect for anyone who has issues in creating a curl definition. Ideally, this activator will maintain the proper moisture-oil balance required for healthy, soft, and moist curls.
This product is going to condition the hair, revitalize limp curls, and repair split ends. Other than that, this Curl Activator will assist in protecting the hair from dryness while keeping it curly.
With its silk protein ingredients, it prevents breakage while adding elasticity to the hair. When you use it over time, you will add more volume and the curls will appear bouncier. Another thing, it will seal in moisture to form a life-proof defined curl that will stay for a long time.
- Maintain the proper moisture-oil balance
- Keeping the hair curly and protect it from dryness
- Ensures soft, moist, and healthy curls
- Conditions hair and revitalizes limp curls
- Works well with all types of curly hair
Lottabody Curl Activator is a salon-quality professional product that offers your hair great hydration and nourishment.
The shea butter and coconut oil work to moisturize and smoothen hair. For everyone with loose curls and wavy hair, this product will assist
The plant’s extracts provide a great enhancement to this product. It is going to boost bounce, elasticity and strengthen the hair. Moreover, it has oils that penetrate deep into the shaft of the hair to moisturize and soften the curls.
This product promotes hair thickness, nourishes hair, and works to bring volume back to the hair. Another thing, if you want to have refreshed coils and curls. This is the best curl crème for you.
- Curls will be moisturized and defined
- The ingredients are healing and nourishing
- Tames frizz and adds shine
- It won’t flake or cake on the hair
- Hair will be touchable and soft
- It will get rid of frizz
How To Choose The Best Curl Activators For Straight Hair
Do you know your curl pattern? Even straight hair usually has some slight wave to it. You may find that your straight strands have 2C or 2A waves.
Besides the curl pattern, you also need to know the density and hair thickness before selecting a curl activator. For instance, if you have low-density hair, then select a lighter product.
How you style your hair is very important. If you are using a curling iron or hot curlers to style your hair, ensure to choose a product that provides heat protection. On the other hand, if you prefer a no-heat style, including plopping, twisting, braiding, heat protection is not necessary.
Allergies or Ingredient Sensitizes
No one can use the hair product that they are sensitive or allergic to knowingly. However, sometimes sensitive reactions go unnoticed. Therefore, whenever you are using a new product, ensure that you dap on the inner forearm and wait for some time.
FAQ’S & Answer
Is a curl cream terrible for your hair?
No, a curl cream is ideal for taming, hydrating, and nourishing frizzy coils and curls.
What’s the difference between curl activator gel and styling gel?
A Curl activator contains humectant for example glycerin which attracts water but it does not give any hold. It only offers softness. The Styling gel will defy gravity and hold.
Can I combine a curl activator with a relaxer?
Since a curl activator is technically for curls, if you want to define curl shape further, a relaxer will also assist you in achieving the goal.
A curl cream is a nourishing, hydrating, and moisturizing light-hold formula that helps to tame frizz while minimizing hair breakage.
In this reviews guide, we have shared the top 10 best Curl Activators you can find out there. We hope that this article has helped you select the best curl activator and you definitely won’t regret it.
Table of Contents
- Best Curl Activator Comparison Chart
- Top 10 Curl Activators Review
- AG Hair Curl Recoil Curl Activator
- Lustrasilk Max Curl Activator Moisturizer
- Cantu Shea Butter Curl Activator Cream
- SGX NYC Curl Power Curl Creme
- Luster’s Right On Curl
- Smooth N Shine Curl Activator Gel Extra Dry
- Creme of Nature with Argan Curl Activator
- Sofn’Free Moisturizer & Curl Activator
- SoftSheen-Carson Care Free Curl Activator
- Lottabody Coconut & Shea Oil Curl Activator
- How To Choose The Best Curl Activators For Straight Hair
- Hair Type
- Styling Process
- Allergies or Ingredient Sensitizes
- FAQ’S & Answer
- Is a curl cream terrible for your hair?
- What’s the difference between curl activator gel and styling gel?
- Can I combine a curl activator with a relaxer?